When two of the GOATs played an opening in a World Championship match 5 times, and…
(Kasparov and Karpov played this opening in the 1984 WCC match.)
The smartest chess bot plays this opening against another supercomputer for a win, you know that…
The opening is worth it.
And that is why you need to learn the English opening.
The English opening is a flank opening to take your opponent out of his comfort zone and makes it hard for him to follow his opening book.
The position stays fluid for a long time—only the more experienced player might take advantage of the little nuances arising from this opening.
In this training, you will learn how to control the e5 pawn push or how to mobilize an attack on the kingside… in short, you will learn how to actually play the English opening and come out ahead of your opponent.
What you will learn:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!
Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents!
Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!
JOIN for just $19.95: Click here to sign up for TCW Academy now.
Find this post useful? Share it?